1. Install Prerequisites
Download and install the latest stable release at http://www.cmake.org/cmake/resources/software.html
Download the LGLPL / Free version (at least 4.5) of the SDK at http://www.qtsoftware.com/downloads
- you want to use MSVC, we recommend to compile Qt:
- Follow the instruction from Qt documentation: http://doc.trolltech.com/install-win.html
- In the command prompt window (choose between the win32 and win64 version):
configure -platform win32-msvc -debug-and-release
- If you are using Windows 7, the command to enter in the command prompt is the following one:
configure -platform win32-msvc -debug-and-release -qt-style-windowsxp -qt-style-windowsvista
- If you have a multiprocessor we recommend to use jom instead of nmake see http://labs.trolltech.com/blogs/2009/03/27/speeding-up-visual-c-qt-builds/
Follow the instructions
1.5 CVS/SVN/GIT Client
Cygwin is a Unix-like environment and command-line interface for Microsoft Windows. Cygwin provides native integration of Windows-based applications, data, and other system resources with applications, software tools, and data of the Unix-like environment. Thus it is possible to launch Windows applications from the Cygwin environment, as well as to use Cygwin tools and applications within the Windows operating context. (See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cygwin for reference).
Download cygwin http://www.cygwin.com/ Make sure to install cvs, svn and git packages!
- TortoiseCVS is a CVS client for Microsoft Windows. Unlike most CVS tools, it includes itself in Windows' shell by adding entries in the contextual menu of the file explorer, therefore it does not run in its own window. Moreover, it adds icons onto files and directories controlled by CVS, giving additional information to the user without having to run a full-scale stand-alone application (See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TortoiseCVS for reference).
2. Install External Libraries
Follow the instructions on http://www.vtk.org/VTK/resources/software.html
- either download the latest release (i.e. 5.6.1)
- either get the latest git version
If you decide to use the git version (see http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Git)
$ git clone git://vtk.org/VTK.git VTK
Then configure with CMake with the following options
Then build vtk!
Follow the instructions on http://www.itk.org/ITK/resources/software.html
Download / Check out the version of ITK of your choice (recommended: 3.20). http://www.itk.org/ITK/resources/software.html
If you decide to use the git version
$ git clone git://itk.org/ITK.git
Then configure using CMake with the following options
ITK_USE_REVIEW_STATISTICS ON # This option does not exist anymore for the git version of ITK
then build itk!
Follow the instructions at https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/CMake i.e.
- Get the latest stable release
- Configure with cmake
- Get the source
$ git clone git://github.com/gofigure2/GoFigure2.git
- configure with cmake
- build GoFigure2 !!!